We were delighted to accept the invitation to deliver a keynote presentation to Northern Ireland Assembly staff on the importance of making a Will on 18 January.
Lindsey led a group of 20 plus staff who attended the event at Parliament Building, Stormont through topics such as:
- Why make a Will?
- What happens if you die without a Will?
- Issues to consider such as Executor(s), Beneficiaries, Guardians, Trusts, Assets and Inheritance Tax
- How Inheritance Tax works and the exemptions which may apply to your Estate
- Considering the role and importance of an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)
- The cost of nursing care and the impact on your assets
- Next steps to protect you and your family
The event was organised by the Learning and Development Manager from Human Resources Cathy McGowan, to whom we are indebted. Many thanks Cathy!